Quit smoking with Hypnotherapy
Many people find the hardest part of giving up smoking is the habit; that cigarette you have with a cup of tea mid morning, the break you take from the office in the afternoon, the cigarette after dinner…the list goes on. Physically, our dependence on the chemicals in cigarettes is short-lived, so what is left is the habit. This is where hypnosis comes in. Habits are stored in the unconscious mind and this is the part of the mind we access with hypnotherapy. I use a one session approach which tackles the problem from a few different angles. First we look at the habit and why it’s there, then we update the software. Techniques to strengthen motivation and willpower are installed. Then we go into the future to see what life will be like as a non-smoker (this can often be quite profound as smokers will often identify themselves as smokers who cannot be non-smokers). It also reinforces that you can choose to say NO. With a new perspective on cigarettes and tobacco, you will leave the therapy room feeling positive and motivated to become and stay a non-smoker.
And if you needed any more reasons to give up, here are some facts and figures taken from the Ash website www.ash.org.uk
- An average 20 a day smoker spends in excess of £2900 a year on cigarettes.
- Smoking costs the NHS approx. £2.7 billion a year for treating diseases caused by smoking.
- Smoking causes 90% of deaths from lung cancer, 80% of deaths from bronchitis and emphysema and approx. 17% of deaths from heart disease. About 1/3 of all cancer deaths can be attributed to smoking.
- On average women who smoke go through the menopause 2 years earlier than women who don’t smoke and have an increased risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Smoking has been associated with increased sperm abnormalities and impotence.
- There are over 4000 chemical compounds present in tobacco. These include carbon monoxide, arsenic, formaldehyde and cyanide.
“I tried everything to give up smoking but I just couldn’t quit. I had smoked for forty years and although I desperately wanted to give up, I couldn’t. It made me feel such a failure, particularly as my family were so supportive. I arranged to see Alexia and arrived determined but a little sceptical. Alexia made me realise that in the past I always considered myself a smoker who was trying to give up. However now I was a Non- Smoker. I left the session feeling confident and really positive.”
Book a session in Exeter, Tiverton or BarnstapleCONTACT ME
Hypnotherapy & Psychotheraphy for:
Anxiety and stress
Fears and Phobias
Do you need help to beat procrastination?view tips